Meet the Dentists
Dr. Joseph You
Dr. Joseph You is a graduate from University of the Pacific, School of Dentistry. He has worked in private practice since graduation and enjoys practicing all phases of dentistry. He is a large supporter of preventative dentistry. His smiling nature, gentle dental touch, and dedication to excellence all make him a leader in the dental community.
Dr. You’s hobbies extend far beyond the walls of the dental office. He spends most of his time outside of the office with his wife, Christine, and his three children. In his spare time, he enjoys cycling, golfing, woodcarving, lampworking hot glass, and serving at his church. His love for woodcarving came about 16 years ago, when he enrolled in a recreational woodcarving class. Over time, Dr. You has become an accomplished woodcarver, and today he is a member of the Capital Woodcarver’s Association and Caricature Carvers of America (CCA). He often travels across the country to attend woodcarving shows and conferences. Recently he was interviewed and his carvings were featured in the Sacramento Bee.
Dr. Clifford Chan
Dr. Clifford J. Chan graduated from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in 1976. He first practiced at the University of California Davis- Sacramento Medical Center, started solo practice in 1977, and welcomed his partner and high school classmate, Dr. Joseph You, in 1978. Dr. Chan enjoys many phases of dentisty to help patient improve their oral health.
When he is not at the office, Dr. Chan enjoys many activities with his wife, Lily, their two sons, and their daughter-in-law. He has participated in softball, fishing, overseeing youth mission trips, serving with high school youth at a local church, motorcycling, diving, and traveling
Dr. Devan Dalla
Dr. Devan Dalla is a graduate of New York University – College of Dentistry and has been in practice since 2008. While at NYU, Dr. Dalla was awarded Honors in Implantology as well as the Dr. Bernard E. Rudner Memorial Award for demonstrating superior Clinical Performance in providing comprehensive oral care.
Prior to moving to the United States, Dr. Dalla earned a Bachelor’s Degree in dental surgery from one of the leading dental schools in India and graduated top of his class.
Dr. Dalla has always had a passion for serving in his community. In his quest to provide the underserved community with good dental care, he created a non-profit organization called “Raahat” which provided free dental services to children and those who cannot afford dental care. Along with managing the non-profit, Dr. Dalla simultaneously gained clinical experience in India and refined his skills to help provide the best oral health care to his patients. Today, Dr. Dalla is a practicing dental surgeon who is also serving our country as a Captain in the United States Army Reserve.
Dr. Dalla believes in the importance of guideline-based recommendation and believes treatments should be based on thorough exams and accurate diagnosis. Many patients visit him for second opinions and trust him to provide them with comprehensive advice. He believes in a patient-centered approach and that patient education is essential for good oral health. He spends the necessary time needed to discuss treatment options and provide individualized and personalized plans.
Because education is essential to providing comprehensive care to patients, Dr. Dalla has been committed to staying at the forefront of dentistry by participating in regular educational courses and workshops. He is an active member of multiple dental affiliations including the American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID).
Dr. Dalla loves to travel, explore new places and has a passion for photography. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife Shveta and 3-year-old son Aarav.
Dr. Vinay K. Madavan
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Doctorate in Dental Surgery, June 2013.
- BABA FARID UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES, Faridkot, India
Bachelors in Dental Surgery, May 2006.
- MANAGING DENTIST
SAI DENTAL CARE INC. SONOMA, CA July 2015 till present
MITCHELL DENTAL PLAZA CERES, CA July 2013 to June 2015.
- ASSOCIATE DENTIST
Involved in diagnosing and treating patients at Smile Shine Dental, Patterson CA from July 2013 to June 2015.
MY SKILLS AS A MANAGING DENTIST
- As a managing dentist I was involved in recruiting, training and supervising dental auxiliary team members about valuable team work and importance of abiding with office policies to ensure exceptional patient care.
- Held quarterly meetings with office team to assess and evaluate financial goals
- Work on marketing strategies and budget office expenses by evaluating analytic reports on office metrics.
- Identify scope of improvement by refining the operative systems of the practice to ensure continued success.
- Oversee administrative operations of practice, that included formulating and interpreting profit and loss statements through various accounting systems.
MY SKILLS AS A GENERAL DENTIST
- Generate comprehensive treatment and prevention plans to provide for the patient’s oral health needs.
- Previous work in Oral Surgery has trained me in performing complex surgical procedures including wisdom teeth extractions.
- Perform minimally invasive extraction procedures in conjunction with bone grafting to prepare the site for future implant placement.
- Use of pre surgical treatment planning software and fabrication of surgical stent for proper site selection and predictable implant placement.
- Trained in placing Endosteal implants and restoring missing teeth in partial and completely edentulous patients with implant supported single unit crowns, fixed bridges and full arch dentures.
- Collaborating with other health care professionals, dental team by sharing responsibility for patient’s overall health.
- Effective pain management strategy for patients with dental anxiety by administering Nitrous Oxide conscious sedation.
- Understand and execute various Endodontic methods for complete debridement of root canal systems of teeth especially molars with complex root canal systems followed by three dimensional obturation.
- Participated in continuing education to obtain credits essential for maintaining good practice standards through certifications and staying up to date with cutting edge technology.
- Worked as an assistant office manager for Family Dentistry dental office under Dr.Joseph.L.Durante D.D.S, Hackensack, New Jersey March 2009 – May 2011.
- Head of mobile dental van and involved in proper functioning of mobile dental services in rural areas and administrative role in community dental department December 2007 – December 2008.
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery June 2006 – December 2007 Assisted in major surgeries including head and neck tumor resections, trauma management and TMJ gap arthroplasty and assisted in minor operating procedures including implant placement. Supervised undergraduate students in their clinical work and taught them topics related to trauma.
- Department of Orthodontics January 2008 – July 2008
Instructor of Dental Mechanics Trainees
- Department of Community Dentistry December 2007 – December 2008
- Assisted in organizing dental camps in rural areas sponsored by Christian Dental College in conjunction with Operation Blessing India and Christian Community Service Center, Punjab.
- Provided dental checkup and treatment for primary and secondary schools, associated with Civil Defense, Ludhiana, India.
- Planned dental checkup and treated the prison inmates of Central Prison, Ludhiana and Punjab Police Academy, Jalandhar, India.
- Oral hygiene education and dental checkup for National Cadet Corps, Nagpur.
- Service at Christian Mission Hospitals in Herbertpur and Manali, India May 2006
- Give kids a Smile program at UCSF March 2012.
- Sonoma Valley back to school Health Fair 2019.
- Certified to place Implants through American Academy of Oral Implantology, upon completion of AAID Maxicourse held at Loma Linda University, Mar 2016 – Dec 2016.
- Certificate of CAD/CAM technology competency.
- Certificate of Laser competency.
- Certified in Invisalign/ iTero Element 2 scanning.
BOARD CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Registered with Dental Board of California as a dentist, (License no. 62590, expires September 2021)
- Registered with Punjab State Dental Council, India from 2006 until 2010 (License no. 4919-A(PB)06.
- Member of American Academy of Oral Implantology March 2016 till present.
- Member of American Dental Association from June 2011 until present.
- Member of Academy of General Dentistry from June 2011 until present.
- Member of Redwood Empire Dental Society from July 2015 until present.
- Member of California Dental Association from June 2011 until present.
- Member of American Association of Dental Office Managers from September 2009 till present.
Scientific Paper Presentation Indian Dental Conference (IDA) January 2006.
I have always been interested in community outreach programs and my goal will be to serve the community through the knowledge and skills I have learnt in both dentistry and administration. My hobbies include playing guitar and piano, outdoor activities and hiking.